Happy Doctors’ Day!
Jon Paul Trevisani, M.D., F.A.C.S., or better known to his patients as “Dr. Jon,” is board-certified in plastic surgery and is the founder and Medical Director of the Aesthetic Surgery Centre in Maitland, Florida. The Aesthetic Surgery Centre is one of the leading breast augmentation and plastic surgery centers in the state.
To answer last Friday’s Facebook post, Dr. Jon gave up his love for peanut butter for Lent. It has not been easy for him, especially when he finds me having peanut butter breath all day long or even finding an over-sized open jar of peanut butter on the kitchen counter! His love for peanut butter spreads for many many years. I’ve seen him spread his Peanut Butter on a piece of graham cracker, bagel, turkey sandwich, oatmeal and even an egg sandwich. Dr. Jon has been pondering this palate pleasing treat to be used in pasta! He has indulged in specialty flavored gourmet peanut butters such as raspberry white chocolate, honey-roasted almond, and cinnamon currant peanut butter. However, Dr. Jon is a simple-classic-plain peanut butter lover!
March 30th marked the Nationally recognized Day, “Doctors’ Day” and I just wanted to enlighten all of you on some interesting facts here!
Doctors’ Day Fast Facts
• Doctors’ Day marks the date that Crawford W. Long, M.D., of Jefferson, GA, administered the first ether anesthetic for surgery on March 30, 1842. On that day, Dr. Long administered ether anesthesia to a patient and then operated to remove a tumor from the man’s neck.
• The first Doctors’ Day observance was March 30, 1933 in Winder, Georgia. Eudora Brown Almond, wife of Dr. Charles B. Almond, decided to set aside a day to honor physicians. This first observance included mailing of greeting cards and placing flowers on graves of deceased doctors.
• The red carnation is commonly used as the symbolic flower for National Doctors’ Day.
• On March 30, 1958, a resolution Commemorating Doctors’ Day was adopted by the United States House of Representatives.
• In 1990, legislation was introduced in the House and Senate to establish a national Doctors’ Day. Following overwhelming approval by the United States Senate and the House of Representatives, on October 30, 1990, President George Bush designated March 30 as “National Doctors’ Day.”
• In India, Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 to honor the legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
• In Turkey, Doctors’ Day is celebrated on March 14 as a tribute of the opening of the first modern medical school in Turkey.
For more information on Dr. Jon Paul Trevisani, please visit our websites jptrev.com or usabreast.com. You may also find more information on facebook.com/DrJonTrevisani as well as linkedin.com. The Aesthetic Surgery Centre is located at 413 Lake Howell Road Maitland, FL 32751.
* Doctors’ Fun Facts made available from internet source: Mission E-Magazine.